Are you Online now? No doubt you are! As Stephen Hawking said: «we are all now connected by the Internet, like neurons on a giant brain». Come this Sunday at 12-00 to discuss one of the most significant inventions of the 20th century - 'The Internet'. Exciting offline discussion is waiting for you!
Say your name,
What is the best thing about the Internet?
Discuss the Internet vocabulary
1. Who uses the Internet the most in your family?
2. What are some of the ways the Internet can be used for entertainment? for education?
3. Which company is your Internet provider? Why did you choose this company? Are you satisfied with their service? How much does it cost you?
4. What are the sites you most commonly access?
5. In many big cities it is possible to buy your groceries online and have them delivered to your home. Why has this become popular?
6. What is a computer virus and how do we protect our computers from being infected?
7. Do you go online more on your phone or more on a computer? What are the benefits of each?
8. What happens to you if you don't have access to the Internet?
Activity 2 - KNOW YOUR MEME
Work individually or work together and discuss in pairs.
Choose the correct adjective/adverb for the facial expressions below.
There can be more than one correct answer. Or maybe you can think of a better alternative?
1. How can the Internet be improved?
2. When did you first use the Internet? Social networks?
3. Do you think governments have the right to censor the Internet?
4. Can you imagine life without the Internet? Is the Internet good for us?
5. How does the Internet work?