Hobbies: creative life
Could you make an amazing thing from nothing? Are you spending your free time usefully? Come this Sunday at 12-00 and show us the results of your hobbies. Let's talk about the "Hobbies: creative life" topic.
Say your name,
Do you collect anything?
Oxford dictionary defines hobby as:
- an activity done regularly in one’s leisure time for pleasure
Ask each other about their hobbies. Use following tables for help
|What sort of hobbies do you have?
"What are your hobbies?"
What do you like doing?
What do you do in your free time?
"What do you do in your spare time?"
"What do you like to do for fun?"
|I like watching football.
I love photography.
I spend a lot of time surfing the internet.
I am really into swimming.
I am keen on reading books
I enjoy travelling to new locations.
|I would like to try skating
I would like to take up (start doing something new) painting
List of hobbies
1. Reading Books
5. Painting & Sketching
6. Meditation & Yoga
15. Bird Watching
16. Solving Puzzles
50 new hobbies to try
1. Do you like to learn new skills? Have you learned to do something new that is not related to your work?
2. Are there classes to help you learn a new hobby near where you live? If so, have you attended any of them?
3. Do you like solo hobbies, or do you prefer to do group activities? Why?
4. Which hobbies cost nothing at all?
5. What hobbies are popular with children, but not with adults?
6. What hobbies do men prefer? Which hobbies do women especially like?
7. Does your hobby influence your choice of friends?
8. Does your hobby help you relax? If yes, how does it help you relax?
9. Which hobbies are the most popular in Russia?
10. Is it important to have a hobby? If someone only works and rests, what is the problem?
Before watching the next video read and translate lyrics Shakira - Try everything lyrics
1. Why do people need hobbies?
2. What have you tried but didn't like? Please explain.
3. What do hobbies and interests tell about a person?
4. Some people plan on taking up new hobbies when they retire. Are there some hobbies you would like to start later in life?