Sleep and Dreams
The topic is "Sleep and Dreams". We have prepared a lot of great questions and intriguing videos.
Say your name,
What time did you go to bed last night?
1) What does sleep mean to you?
2) Do you, or any of your family/friends, sleepwalk? Is it dangerous to wake people who are sleepwalking? Do you know anybody who sleeps with their eyes open?
3) Have you ever suffered from insomnia? If so, how severe was it, and how did you deal with it?
In small groups: place the terms into the right gap and discuss the definitions of the words. Materials - download here.
4) Why do children need more sleep than adults?
5) How many jobs can you think of that have to work at night? Are there any advantages to working at night? Would you like to do it?
6) Do you use electronic devices (phones, tablets, computers, TV’s) right before bed, or maybe even IN bed? How do you think this affects your sleep quality?
7) Do you ever have “lucid dreams”. In other words, do you ever become aware that you are dreaming and then control the dream?
8) In your culture, what do specific dreams mean? For example, dreaming of pigs in the Korean culture means the dreamer will be getting a lot of money.
9) Do you usually read books on dream interpretation? What is your opinion on it?
True of False - download here.
1) Have you ever dreamt about dead friends or relatives? How was it? How did you feel?
2) Tell us about a memorable, enjoyable, or strange dream you've had?
3) What advice would you give a friend who wanted to sleep better?
4) Do you think dreams can be explained scientifically?