Movie discussion: Zootopia (2016)
We are going to watch 'Zootopia' and discuss this funny cartoon about cute animals together. Yes, we will watch the full movie, so be on time!
Say your name,
What was your dream job, when you were a child?
The audience have to match Description with the Word and the Example.
an animal that is caught and killed for food by another animal
an animal that kills other animals for food.
a person or animal that kills animals for food or sport
adjective: extremely violent, wild, or frightening and uncontrolled
noun: a member of a people regarded as primitive and uncivilized (synonyms: barbarian, wild man, primitive)
any animal of which the female feeds her young on milk from her own body.
1) There's plenty of public land in this country where hunters can hunt. The hunters followed the tracks of the deer for hours.
2) Tonight, she cheated death by inches when a savage mountain lion attacked
3) Many animals that are prey, such as rabbits and deer, have much less binocular vision
4) Foxes as predators prey on lambs and chickens.
5) Humans, dogs, elephants, and dolphins are all mammals, but birds, fish, and crocodiles are not.
Watch the first episode (0:50 - 3:10)
Questions for the first episode
1) Give the names of all animals you have seen.
2) Why predators and preys started to live in harmony?
3) Which professions were chosen by animals?
4) How audience felt about bunny’s choice of profession?
5) What is the slogan of Zootopia?
1) Describe your ideal city (population, climate, transport system etc.). Have you ever visited one? If not, try to imagine.
2) How do you manage to overcome difficulties? What does help you not to give up?
3) What dreams do you have? Have they been supported or discouraged by those around you? Where do you think your dreams/ambitions come from?
4) Can you find examples from real life, when people judge others based on stereotypes? Is it a positive or negative development?