What are you proud of?
Come this Sunday at 12-00 to discuss a new inspiring topic "What are you proud of"! We have prepared a lot of great questions and exciting videos. Be ready to say something about your achievements.
Say your name,
Which of your characteristics are you most proud of?
Watch and discuss Video 1
To achieve something (achievement)
to do or obtain something that you wanted after planning and working to make it happen
“I am hopeful that we can achieve peace eventually, but it is not going to be easy.”
‘For an actor, winning an Oscar is one of the greatest achievements you can hope for.’
1. having a strong desire for success, achievement, power, or wealth
“He's very ambitious for his children (= he wants them to be successful)”
2. If you describe an activity as ambitious, you mean that it involves a lot of effort or expense
“It was an ambitious project to restore the public parks”
a feeling of pleasure and satisfaction that you get because you or people connected with you have done something good
“We take pride in the high quality of our food”
Failure and success
failure is the fact of someone or something not succeeding; success is the achieving of desired results, or someone or something that achieves positive results.
“Their attempt to climb Everest ended in failure.”
“That salmon dish was a success, wasn't it?”
an aim or purpose
“My goal is to lose ten pounds before the summer.”
an expression communicating to someone how pleased you are about his or her success or happiness
“I passed my driving test.” “Congratulations!”
something that is successful, or that is achieved after a lot of work or effort
“Getting the two leaders to sign a peace treaty was his greatest accomplishment.”
• To achieve something (achievement)
• Failure and success
• A goal
Watch and discuss Video 2
1. What is your most significant achievement?
2. What are some personal achievements you are proud of?
3. What are some of the achievements which might be very tiny according to people around you, but you are still proud of?
4. Are you proud of your country?
5. Do you feel more pride in yourself or in others?
6. What are some of the lame achievements that people feel very proud about when they shouldn't?
7. How do you record your personal achievements?
8. What are some reasons why a person could never be proud of anything they achieve?
9. What are some of your achievements that you were proud of during the year 2016?
10. Why is money the most common way of judging success?
11. What part does luck play in success?
12. Have there been any failures that made your life better?
13. Can goals help to change your life? How?
14. Is it a good thing to be ambitious, in your opinion?
15. Do you think people have fewer goals as they get older?
16. How would you feel if you failed to achieve any of your goals?
Watch and discuss Video 3
Watch and discuss Video 4
1. What makes you feel proud?
2. Do you believe that people must work hard to become successful? Why or why not?
3. Do you think you were always a source of great pride for your parents?
4. Thomas Jefferson said: “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” To what extent do you agree?
5. Someone once said: "Success is getting what you want; happiness is wanting what you get." Do you agree with this quote?