Pets and humans
This Sunday as usually we are waiting for you at 12-00 for studying English and enjoying the discussion. The topic is "Pets and humans". We have prepared a lot of great questions and intriguing videos. Come to us and bring a friend, but please no pet.
Say your name,
What animal do you think makes the best pet?
the enjoyment of being with someone
“Besides sharing the cost of my apartment, he provides companionship”
collar and leash
collar is a band that fits around the neck and is usually folded over; leash is restraint consisting of a rope used to restrain an animal
The specific type of animal
“there are many different breeds of dog”
A person who looks after and cares for a pet
To move a tail from side to side
take care of
to protect animal and provide the things that this animal needs
Don't worry about dog, It can take care of itself (= It doesn’t need anyone else to protect its)
Watch and discuss 'The Secret Life of Pets' (2016) 00:01:22 - 00:05:03
1) Which animal do you think is the most intelligent?
2) Are there any animals or insects that you are afraid of?
3) What do you think is the best pet to own?
4) What do you think of the idea of virtual pets, like Tamagotchi?
5) Do you think pet owners are often similar to their pets?
6) If you had to choose one animal to be, which one would you be?
7) Is a spider or a snake really a pet?
8) What do you think of restaurants and stores aimed at pets?
9) What problems do pets create for people?
10) Why do some people prefer pets to children?
11) Do you know anyone with an unusual pet?
12) Do you ever talk to your pet? If so, what do you say?
13) Why do you think people keep pets?
14) How many pets have you had?
15) Do people usually choose good names for their pets in your country?
16) Sometimes people claim that pets give people psychological or physical help. What is your opinion?
17) What is the most unusual pet you have ever seen?
Listen to audio and fill the gaps.
1) What do you think of people who dispose of their pets because they are too much trouble? Do you know such people?
2) Some people say there are no dangerous dogs - only dangerous owners. What is your opinion? Have you ever been bitten by a dog?
3) What is the most useful animal in the world? Why?
4) What animal ability would you like to have (e.g. flying, breathing under water etc.)?