Food & Eating
What time do you usually drink tea on Sundays? We know that you do it in English in Kupchino Speaking club at half past one! This time is also not an exception! Come at 12 O'clock to discuss "Food & Eating"!
Be ready to describe your favorite dish and make our mouths water!
Say your name,
Are you a good cook?
1. What is your favorite breakfast, lunch or dinner?
2. Do you think “you are what you eat”?
3. Do you enjoy seafood? What is your favorite?
4. Do you like "rare" steak or do you think it is disgusting?
5. When you buy food, do you read the label? What information can you find on the label?
6. Have you ever tried the traditional English breakfast? What did you think of it?
7. What national dishes from Russia would you recommend to the world?
8. What is the name of you favorite restaurant and why do you like it?
9. What do you think of genetically-modified (GM) food?
Questions part 2
1. Which foods are unhealthy? What is unhealthy about them?
2. Do you think that you eat a “balanced diet”? What is a “balanced diet”?
3. Are you interested in your level of cholesterol?
4. Do you take any action to consume less salt? Do you think people should reduce their salt intake?
5. How much water do you drink every day? Do you set out to drink a specific amount or just drink when you are thirsty?
6. How much coffee, tea or other drinks do you consume? Do you think these drinks are healthy?
7. Do you need coffee in order to operate? Could you be addicted?
8. How much sugar do you put in your tea or coffee? Does the amount you use concern you?
9. What do you think of airplane meals?
Before watching the next video read and translate lyrics "Weird Al" Yankovic - Eat It
1. How has food, eating and drinking culture changed in the last 20 years? Have people’s eating habits changed in Russia?
2. It is the 21st century. Why are people in some places still starving and malnourished?
3. Are there any foods that bring back special memories for you? What are they?