My summer vacation
We know that you have been waiting for this so long. And we have an announcement to make! The first Autumn English in kupchino Speaking club meeting is going to take place this Sunday!
Come to join us at 12:00 on the 3th of September, and discuss your Summer vacation.
Say your name,
What time did you go to bed last night?
1. Which do you prefer: summer holidays or winter holidays?
2. How do you feel after a long vacation?
3. Did you encounter any problems during your vacation? How did you resolve them?
4. Did you meet any interesting people?
5. What historical sites did you visit and what did you learn?
6. What was the best food you ate during your vacation?
7. Did you use a lot of English?
8. What are the most popular destinations for tourists in Russia? What makes them popular?
Watch and discuss Video 2
9. Have you ever experienced any of these holiday problems? If so, talk about them.
• Luggage lost at the airport.
• Flight cancelled or missed.
• Double-booking or overbooking.
• Car accident.
• Illness or personal accident.
• Getting lost.
• Problems with the hotel.
• Very bad weather.
• Belongings stolen.
• Running out of money.
10. How was your trip?
• Why did you visit the place(s) you went to?
• How did you get there?
• Why did you choose the means of transportation that you chose?
• How much luggage did you take?
• Would you take the same or different equipment next time?
1) When your holiday is finished are you glad to get back to work (or school) or do you dread it? Why?
2) Some people buy and read a guide book before going on holiday. What do you do to prepare for a holiday?
3) Do you prefer holidays which include a lot of activities or more relaxing ones? Why?Do you prefer to visit cities, the beach or mountains. Why?