This Sunday as usually we are waiting for you at 12-00 for studying English and enjoying the discussion. The topic is "Art". We have prepared a lot of great questions and amazing videos. Let's find out how creative we are.
Say your name,
Do you visit museums when you go to another city?
Watch and discuss Video 1
For collective voice
- What is art?
- What types of art do you know?
Watch and discuss Video 2
a person who becomes aware (of things or events) through the senses
• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
a work of art such as a painting, film, or book that is made with great skill.
• Leonardo's "Last Supper" is widely regarded as a masterpiece.
is the philosophical view that the judgment of beauty is relative to different individuals and/or cultures and that there are no universal criteria of beauty.
• Notice that both forms of aesthetic relativism deny that there is any objective sense in which beauty or other aesthetic values exist in the world.
a piece of this cloth used by artists for painting on, usually with oil paints, or the painting itself
• Two valuable canvases hung in the room.
Watch and discuss Video 3
1) Did you like art when you were younger? (Has that changed? Why/ Why not?)
2) What is the best exhibition you have ever been to?
3) Who is your favourite artist? (What do you feel when you see one of his/ her artworks?)
4) Are there any artists that you think are over-rated?
5) Did your school art lessons make you more or less interested in art? Why?
6) What was the last art gallery you went to? What did you think of it?
7) What do you think about abstract art?
8) When do you think the best art was being produced?
9) What do you think about public sculpture in your town or city?
10) What kind of art do you like – paintings, sculpture, ceramics, etc.?
11) Does art change the way you think or feel?
12) Have you ever participated in any art competitions?
13) If you could buy a great work of art, what would it be? (style, title, artist's name...)
14) Do you consider photography an art form?
Watch and discuss Video 4
1) Is government money spent on art and art education worth it? Should it be cut in difficult economic times?
2) What would life be like without art?
3) Which artists from your country are most well known internationally? Do you think their fame is justified? Are there any artists from your country who should be more well known?