Fears and phobias
Join us this Sunday at 12-00 and enjoy new terrifying topic "fears and phobias". We are going to watch some horror video and discuss it. Also, many useful tasks are prepared for you.
Say your name,
What animal do you think is the scariest?
Listen to audio and fill the gaps.
Audio: Know Yourself – Phobias
1) Are you afraid of getting old? Why?
2) What do you think would be the worst phobia to suffer from?
3) Do you fear certain insects or animals? Why?
4) What are some things, which many people are afraid of? Why are they afraid of them?
5) Do you know anyone with hemophobia – a fear of blood?
6) What is the scariest movie you have ever seen?
7) What is your biggest fear in life? Are you afraid that it might come true?
8) Would you ever face one of your fears for money?
9) Do you know anyone who suffers from vertigo – a fear of heights?
10) What were you afraid of as a child?
11) How do you react when you see something frightening?
12) Do you fear certain insects or animals? Why?
13) Have you ever panicked with fear?
14) What things are people commonly afraid of and why?
15) How often do you jump or start when something frightens you?
16) How can someone confront and overcome a phobia?
1) What do you think having a fear of the 22th century would be like?
2) Dale Carnegie said: “You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind.” Do you agree?
3) What images spring to mind when you hear the word ‘phobia’?